I promised to make this post short and sweet…
Normal pizza has roughly 35g of carbs per slice, this has approximately 10g for the entire pizza. The only way you could add more would depend on toppings.
I start out with Joseph’s Lavash Bread Flat Bread. These are soft and delicious and only 6g Net Carbs for 1/2 of the flat bread. I cut them in half. Get your favorite no sugar added pizza sauce and your favorite toppings and you are all set. Pictured I used 6 Italian Cheese Blend, Monterey Jack, Pepperoncinis, and Pepperoni. They only bake for about 15 minutes so they make for a kid friendly and super fast week night meal!
Servings: 1/2 Flatbread = 1 pizza
Nutrition Facts: (with ingrediants shown) Calories: 285| Fat: 18| Carbs: 10g| Protein: 19g
- 1/2 Joseph’s Lavash Flat Bread
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4tbsp no sugar added pizza sauce
- 1/2cup 6-Italian Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2cup Monterey Jack, Shredded
- 2-3 Pepperoncinis (or more depending on your taste)
- 6-8 Slices of Pepperoni (cut up)
- Other toppings to consider that would not change carbs (but would change other Nutrition facts): any meat, other cheeses. Most vegetables would change carb count but would be minimal.
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spay.
- Place your flat bread on the pan. Take the olive oil and drizzle it on the flat bread. Brush it over the flat bread. Sprinkle oregano and basil over the olive oil.
- Spoon the pizza sauce onto the flat bread and spread it out.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the italian cheese on top of the pizza sauce. Spread out your toppings. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes depending on how done you like your pizza (I like mine well done, so I cook mine for 17 minutes).
Here are some pictures just for fun!