So I have seen different recipes for these and most of them call for dill and some kind of corn starch or regular flour. First off I don’t like dill and we don’t eat flour so I knew I had to do this another way. These came out really good and the whole family liked them. And at only 2g of carbs each you just can’t beat it. So on to the recipe……
Nutrition Facts: Makes approx. 12-14 Fritters Serving Size: 1 Each Calories: 391|Fat: 28g| Carbs: 2g| Protein: 34g
- 1lb Chicken (ground, shredded, whichever you prefer, I used Tyson’s shredded chicken to make the meal faster)
- 2tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup of almond flour (very fine, blanched)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 4oz. mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rotisserie seasoning (Ms. Dash or your favorite brand, just be cautious of the carbs)
- 2tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- (If using Tyson’s Shredded chicken) Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat; and cook entire bag of chicken until completely thawed and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- (If using ground chicken no need to pre-cook)
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, almond flour, egg, mayonnaise, 3oz. of cheese, and seasonings. Mix until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat until it is glistening.
- Fry the fritters for 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1oz. of cheese and parsley.