Let me tell you , I am not a seafood person. I think we have had this discussion before. But I recently went to the doctor and eating all this meat (specifically red meat) has caused my bad cholesterol to be slightly elevated. So she told me to cut out red meat and eat more fish. I loved salmon cakes as a kid, but my Momma used the salmon out of a can that you had to pick through and just nope, not doing it. Plus it was loaded with mayo and bread crumbs and all kinds of carbs that I couldn’t have and Abbie definitely couldn’t have. So I mashed a couple recipes together and came up with this one… and it was great. All 12 cakes were devoured.
Keto Salmon Cakes with Sriracha Avocado Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 2 Salmon Cakes w/ Sauce
(Makes 10-12 Cakes)
Calories: 542| Fat: 50g| Carbs: 10g total, 4g Net| Fiber: 6g| Protein: 10g
- 6 – 5oz cans of Pink Salmon (Skinless and Boneless, unless you want to pick out the skin and bones)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4cup of finely ground Salt and Pepper Pork Rinds
- 1 ½ Poblano Pepper or Jalapeno Pepper, Finely chopped (whichever you choose)
- 6tbsp of avocado mayo
- 6tbsp finely diced red onion
- 3/4tsp garlic powder
- 3/4tsp chili powder
- Pepper to taste
- 3tbps olive or avocado oil for frying
- Parsley for Garnish
Avocado Cream Sauce:
- 3 avocados
- 3/4cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (Greek yogurt changes carb count)
- 6tbsp cilantro
- 3-6tbsp of olive oil (to thin)
- 3-6tsp of water to desired thickness
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1-2tsp sriracha (or more depending on how hot you want it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain salmon well.
- In a bowl mix, salmon, egg, chopped peppers, mayo, onion, ground pork rinds, and all seasonings (except olive oil).
- Form patties, cover with aluminum foil or wax paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or longer.
- After an hour, in a non-stick skillet drizzle the olive oil and heat skillet until oil is glistening.
- Cook patties over medium heat 4 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy. Careful, they have a tendency to want to fall apart. I use a spatula on the bottom to flip and a fork on the top.
- For the Avocado sauce: Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or Nutri-bullet until smooth.
- I placed mine in a Ziploc Bag and cut the end off. Then topped each salmon cake with the cream sauce.
- Garnish cakes with parsley.